Recipe by the Root to Market Chefs
BEREMEAL & DARK CHOCOALTE COOKIES
Indulgent soft, chewy cookie made from Beremeal - An ancient barley grown in Orkney, and packed with rich dark chocolate chips.
- 290g salted Butter
- 220g Caster Sugar
- 210g Soft Brown sugar
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 1tsp Salt
- 200g Orkney Beremeal
- 200g strong Bread flour
- 2 eggs
- 440g dark chocolate chips or chocolate buttons broken up.
- Cream butter, sugar, salt and baking powder until smooth and fully combined.
- Slowly add eggs one at a time, mixing until fully incorporated.
- combine flours, and add one third at a time, slowly mixing until almost combined.
- Add chocolate and gently stir through.
- Roll and cling film in to a fat log and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Cut into 90g discs and space out on a lined tray
- Bake 180'c (fan) for 12 minutes.