Recipe by Rachael Sommerville
Homemade bread in minutes! For a quick and satisfying lunch, stuff with anything you're got in the fridge – leftover meats, roasted veg, hummus, pickles, cheese.
Makes 4 flatbreads, easily doubled for more and the finished breads freeze well.
1. Mix the ingredients in a large bowl, either with a food processor or with a fork and then your hands.
2. Once the dough comes together, tip out onto a floured surface and knead for a minute or two.
3. Cover and leave to rest for 10-15 minutes.
4. On a flour dusted surface, split the dough into 4 even portions and roll each of them out to a roughly 20cm circle.
5. Heat a griddle pan or frying pan over a medium heat.
5. Once hot, fry each bread for around a minute and a half on each side. They should puff up a little and have some nice browned or charred patches.